| What's New
| RodMer Home
| Merike's Art
| Rod's Music
| RodMer Poetry Room
| RodMer Short Story Room
| Help ]
Location (parent | this page): RodMer Arts Home Page | About RodMer Arts
- Rod Anderson CV, poet, short story writer and composer (piano, flute/guitar, piano/cello, organ/brass, piano/flute, rochestra, vocal works, [gulp] ragtime, and some other stuff)
- Merike Lugus CV, sculptor, painter, poet, short story writer, novelist
- Visit SwallowHill, our personal home page (to find out about important things -- like our dog and cats, the owners)
Back to TOC of this page
Hey, who knows how the Net is really going to function commercially? Our little mini-enterprise may or may not work out -- but who knows without trying? Besides, it feels cool just hanging out at the global cafe and watching you folks walk by. However, the first positive Internet results have indeed materialized. Merike had a one-woman show on the west coast, the initial contact for which came via the Internet. You can read our story of How the Internet Paid Off. We think more Canadian artists should be on the Net. But then you're already on the same side, right? Or you wouldn't be reading this. But maybe you have some friends who still need the sales pitch.
Back to TOC of this page
- We run the Merike Lugus Art Gallery on the Web of Merike's paintings and sculpture.
- Sure she's had shows in Toronto, Los Angeles and Vienna -- but this is the age of the Internet, so why can't the gallery be electronic? Not that we're against physical (non-Cyberspace) galleries. Indeed the two can complement each other. It was the availability of the images in our own website that led to Merike's Nov-Dec/95 Bellingham show at Rader Galleries
- Of course, if you just want to see computer images of art there are great collections (such as Nicholas Pioch's fabulous WebMuseum in Paris -- see his Louvre Entrance and his WebMuseum Artist Index (the list of artists whose selected works he has assembled in computer images).
- And of course you can see (and download) computer images of more than 30 of Merike's works in the Merike Lugus Art Gallery on the Web too.
- But despite our fascination with computers and net-surfing, we hope that some people will be interested in actually hanging original paintings on their walls or having original sculpture in their homes.
- So if you are interested in what you see, you can contact us to arrange a private appointment at the artist's studio (one hour from Toronto). (We still haven't figured out how to beam the actual canvases and sculptures over the Web star-trech-style).
- We offer Rod's Music section of the website:
- Music by Rod Anderson -- over 30 compositions.
- In this section you can find MIDI files, MP3 files, Program Notes, and some scores -- either to listen or read on-line or to download and listen to or read off-line.
- All the music here is free. The reason is: I am not a published composer but a late beginner learning the ropes. Therefore, all music here is free but I retain the copyright. If you download and like it, let me know.
- We run a WebLit Boutique consisting of:
- the RodMer Poetry Room -- poems by Merike Lugus and by Rod Anderson
- the RodMer Short Story Room -- short stories by Merike Lugus and by Rod Anderson
- Poems are grouped into "packages" of between 2 and 25 poems per package. Short stories are grouped into packages of 1 short story each. All of the poems and short stories can be read on-line or downloaded for printing on your printer. All material is free but we retain copyright.
Back to Top
http://www.rodmer.com/RodMerAbout.html -- Revised Jul 28, 2005
Copyright © 1997-2005 Merike Lugus and Rod Anderson